If you've ever been to El Guaca, you'll probably have tried their nachos - they're by far the best nachos we've ever had; so, imagine our disappointment when we turned vegan and couldn't have them. Here is our own, easy version of nachos that are almost as good!
Dorito's Mild Salsa
3 ripe avocados
1/4 red onion
Handful coriander (optional)
1. Tip the tortilla chips into an oven-proof dish
2. Grate the spicy vegan cheese onto the tortilla chips and put them under the grill it begins to melt but not burn.
3. Take the oven-proof dish out of the oven and pour on the salsa and grate on the normal vegan cheese; return the dish to the grill and wait until all of the cheese is melted.
4. Whilst you're waiting for the nachos to cook, make your guacamole: Peel and chop the guacamole, red onion and tomato and put into a bowl. Add the juice of 1/2 lime and coriander (optional). Blend with a hand blender. If you want a creamier guacamole, you may like to add some single cream.
5. Remove the nachos from the oven and put spoonfuls of guacamole on top.
6. Serve piping hot and enjoy!