Homemade Vegan Granola
When we completed our week of Plants over Processed (get your copy here), we had homemade granola every day. Even though we’ve changed our dinners many times, this granola has stayed a consistent breakfast for weekday mornings. We cook it up on a Sunday and this makes enough for both of us for the week.
We combine it with some fresh fruit and yoghurt or vegan milk and it’s always fantastic! We’ve changed it over the weeks, but we’re finally happy to share our recipe.
¼ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup Clarks maple and carob fruit syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup chopped pistachios
½ cup ground almonds
5 cups Scott's Porage old fashioned oats
Dark chocolate chips
Flaxseeds or Chia seeds
Any other dried fruit you have on hand!
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, maple and fruit syrup, and vanilla extract.
3. Add in the ground almonds, old fashioned oats and chopped pistachios.
4. Stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper and spoon out a thin layer of the oat mixture. With a spoon or your (clean) hands, push them together so that you will have clumps once cooked.
6. Place in your preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes until browned.
7. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the granola and leave to cool.
8. Once cool, sprinkle on your choice of dried fruit, seeds and nuts.
9. Store in a airtight container and use within two weeks (though ours have never lasted that long!)
10. Enjoy with yoghurt or vegan milk and fresh fruit (we like raspberries, strawberries, kiwi, apple, pear or even nectarine!)