We already have our Spicy Indian Rice but we thought it would be good to have something which is more of a meal in one. This one has a bit more to it, so it's a bit more saucy and you could have it on it's own or with a naan bread, no need for a separate curry!
2 tbsp flora buttery 1 cup rice 1 small onion, finely chopped 3 garlic cloves ½ tbsp ginger, fresh and chopped 1 tsp garam masala 1 tsp cumin ½ tsp turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder (more if you like it hot!) 1 tsp ground coriander 1 tin of Peeled plum tomatoes ½ vegetable stock cube dissolved in as much water as you need for the rice, start with 400ml Selection of vegetables: we like frozen green beans, frozen sweetcorn, frozen cauliflower and boiled baby potatoes.
Method - this one's easy.
1. Melt the butter
2. Add in the rice and small onion and cook until the onion is transluscent
3. Add in the crushed garlic and ginger
4. Add in the spices
5. Add in the plum tomatoes
6. Add in the dissolved vegetable broth
7. Add more water if necessary
8. Add in the vegetables
9. Cook until rice is thoroughly cooked and the liquid has mostly evaporated.